Lucien Gravel for House of Representatives
I want to serve the people of District Lamoille 2: Belvidere, Johnson, Hyde Park & Wolcott
A little history about me:
- Married 47 years, father of four, grandfather of ten and great-grandfather of two
- Retired from Pizzagalli Construction Company, Co-founded Gravel Construction
- 42 years inn the Vermont National Guard and US Army Reserves
- Current boards/positions:
- Bishop John A Marshall School, Buildings & Grounds Advisor
- Green Mountain Tech Center School Board
What I believe we need to work towards to make Lamoille 2 and Vermonters stronger
- Balanced budgets and cost analysis of all proposed legislation
- Knowing that common sense saves us all cents
- With one party in control, decisions need to be debated, we need balanced government
- Let's stop exporting our most precious product, our children and our future. We need to create jobs in Vermont to keep them here
- Reform Health Care
- Clean energy
- Broadband to all Vermonters
- Recognition of the importance of dairy, agriculture, forestry, farming and sugaring to the unique character of Vermont
- Streamlining the lengthy, costly and unpredictable permitting process
- Stop schools from being forced to teach to the standardized tests, go back to teaching the basics
- We need to make government live within it's means. We have to!
This is what experience has done for us:
- Vermont has one of the highest education costs, only 60% of our students can pass the standardized test. Is this experienced results that you want to vote for?
- Vermont is in the top 10 for the worst property tax rate to property value. Is this experienced results that you want to vote for?
- Deteriorated roads. Is this experienced results that you want to vote for?
- Unbalanced budget. Is this experienced results that you want to vote for?
- $3 billion in unfunded liabilities for the state employees' and teachers' retirement funds. Is this experienced results that you want to vote for?
- Green Mountain Health Care - shall assume responsibility for the benefits and services paid for by the federal programs including funds for Medicare and Medicaid funds will be distributed to the general fund to cover the uninsured. Is this fair and balanced?
- Dog license fee to be paid to the town, but the town is not responsible for any damages. Is this experienced results that you want to vote for?
- 20% of timber sales in current use, has to go to bio mass. Is this experienced results that you want to vote for?
Remember, I need your vote November 6th if you want a fair and balanced government. Let Montpelier know that you're ready for a change in leadership.
Paid for by Lucien Gravel for House of Representatives, for Belvidere, Eden, Hyde Park & Wolcott